It also tells you about your privacy rights and how the law protects you.
2. Our website and PuricomUSA
Our website at PuricomUSA.com sells goods and services which are aimed at adults. This website is not intended for children, and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
3. Personal data which we collect about you
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data).
We collect a variety of information about our wonderful customers (you!) and visitors to the PuricomUSA website. This personal data falls into these categories:
Identity Data includes title, first name, last name, username or similar identifier and an encrypted version of your login/password. If you interact with us through social media, this may include your social media username.
Contact Data includes a billing address, delivery address, email address and telephone numbers.
Financial Data includes payment card details.
Transaction Data includes details about payments to and from you and other details of products and services you have purchased from us.
Profile Data includes your username and password, purchases or orders made by you, preferences, feedback and survey responses, as well as any profile data which we have added (for example, using analytics and profiling).
Technical Data includes internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this website.
Usage Data includes information about how you use our website, products, and services.
Tracking Data includes information we or others collect about you from cookies and similar tracking technologies, such as web beacons, pixels, and mobile identifiers.
Marketing and Communications Data includes your preferences in receiving direct marketing from our third parties and us and your communication preferences.
We also collect, use and share Aggregated Data such as statistical or demographic data for any purpose. Aggregated Data may be derived from your personal data but is not considered personal data in law as this data does not directly or indirectly reveal your identity. For example, we may aggregate your Usage Data to calculate the percentage of users accessing a specific website feature.
We do not collect any Special Categories of Personal Data about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data). Nor do we collect any information about criminal convictions and offenses.
Remember, if you choose not to share personal data with us, or refuse certain contact permissions, we might not be able to provide the products and services you’ve asked for.
4. How is your personal data collected?
We use different methods to collect data from and about you including through:
Direct interactions. You may give us your Identity, Contact and Financial Data by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by post, phone, email or through chat or social media.
This includes personal data you provide when you:
- sign up to receive our newsletter;
- make inquiries or request information be sent to you;
- create an account on our website;
- order our products or services;
- ask for marketing to be sent to you;
- engage with us on social media;
- enter a competition, promotion or survey;
- contact customer services; or
- leave comments or reviews on our products or services.
Automated technologies or interactions. As you interact with us, including via the puricomusa.com website, we may automatically collect Technical Data about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns. We may also collect Tracking Data when you use our website, or when you click on one of our adverts (including those shown on third party websites).
Third parties or publicly available sources. We may receive personal data about you from various types of third parties, including:
- Technical Data and/or Tracking Data from analytics providers, advertising networks and search information providers;
- Contact, Financial and Transaction Data from providers of payment and fraud prevention services;
- Identity and Contact Data from data partners; and
- Data from any third parties who are permitted by law or have your permission to share your personal data with us, such as via social media or review sites We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
5. How we use your personal data
- Where we need to perform the transaction, we are about to enter into or have entered into with you. For example, when you purchase our products, that’s a transaction.
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests. For example, when we carry out fraud screening as part of the check-out process.
- Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation. For example, keeping records of our sales for tax compliance.
Generally, we do not rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your personal data other than where the law requires it, for example in relation to sending certain direct marketing communications. Where our legal basis is consent, you have the right to withdraw consent any time.
See Explaining the legal bases we rely on to process personal data to find out more about the types of lawful basis that we will rely on to process your personal data.
6. Explaining the legal bases we rely on to process personal data
The table here shows you a description of all the ways we plan to use personal data, and which of the legal bases we rely on to do so. We have also identified what our legitimate interests are where appropriate.
Note that we may process your personal data for more than one lawful ground depending on the specific purpose for which we are using your data.
We do not carry out any automated decision making.
If you ever have any questions about this, all you have to do is ask. See How to contact PuricomUSA about privacy below.
7. Advertising, marketing, and your communications preferences
We may use your Identity, Contact, Technical, Tracking, Usage and Profile Data to form a picture of what we think you may want or need, or what may be of interest to you. This is how we decide which products, services, and offers may be relevant for you and tell you about them. This is what we call direct marketing.
We may carry out direct marketing by email, phone, text or post. For example, you might have the PuricomUSA's newsletter hit your inbox or a cool promotion land in your mailbox.
On our website, we always try hard to make it really clear what we are doing and what communications you will be sent, whether it’s you deciding to sign up to the PuricomUSA's newsletter or as part of creating an account or the purchase journey – and you have a right at any time to change your mind and say no thank you and opt out (but we’d be really sorry to see you go, so please gives us a chance by fine-tuning your preferences before really leaving us!). The easiest way to opt out is to use the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the communication.
Of course, there are lots of different ways you’ll see adverts for PuricomUSA out and about, and not all of these are based on using personal data – sometimes we just buy good old-fashioned advertising space in the real world and websites and social media. If you see PuricomUSA’s adverts on websites and in social media, these may not be directed specifically at you, and we might just have bid for the space. But here are some things we may do that may be specifically directed at you:
- emails, for example, the PuricomUSA's newsletter;
- text messages, for example with discount codes;
- promotions by post, such as great money off shipping offers, or from our trusted retail partners; and/or
- phone calls, to tell you something that might be relevant to you and your business.
We also work with partners to try and promote the reach of our adverts and use analytics and retargeting for this reason. We use Tracking Data to deliver relevant online advertising, including via websites and social media.
Tracking Data, and in particular, cookies, help us to deliver website and social advertising that we believe is most relevant to you and potential new customers of PuricomUSA. The cookies used for this purpose are often placed on our website by specialist organizations – and this is also why when you’ve been on the PuricomUSA.com website, you might see that lovely product again. This includes retargeting.
Cookies can also tell us if you have seen a specific advertising, and how long it has been since you have seen it. This is helpful because it means we can control the effectiveness of our adverts and control the number of times people might be shown our adverts (you know before we risk become annoying). Cookies also help us understand if you’ve opened a marketing email because we don’t want to send you things you don’t read.
If you want more information about Tracking Data, in particular cookies, see Cookies below.
Almost all the cookies that relate to advertising are part of third-party online advertising networks. If you’d like to read about how you can control which adverts you see online, see opt-out programs established by the Digital Advertising Alliance (United States), the Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada and the European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance. We do not control cookies which are set by advertising networks.
You can see from Advertising, marketing and your communications preferences above, that cookies are a tool which we (and everyone one else who operates online) uses for advertising. That is just part of why cookies are used. Generally, they are pretty clever.
Cookies help PuricomUSA.com work better and provide lots of help in the background to make the process of being a PuricomUSA.com customer a lot easier. You’d miss a lot of these things if they were gone – like it being easy to log in and move from page to page, and things staying in your cart while you go off and look at other pages.
Other cookies collect information about how visitors use PuricomUSA.com, for instance, which pages visitors go to most often, and if they get error messages from web pages. These cookies don't collect information that identifies a visitor. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and used to improve how PuricomUSA.com works.
There are also cookies that allow PuricomUSA.com to remember choices you make (such as your user name, language or the region you are in) and provide enhanced, more personal features. They may also be used to provide services you have asked for such as watching a video or commenting on a blog.
Some cookies collect information about your browsing habits to make advertising delivered to you more relevant to you and your interests (see Advertising, marketing and your communications preferences above). They are usually placed by advertising networks with our permission. They remember that you have visited a website and this information is shared with other organizations such as advertisers. Quite often targeting or advertising cookies will be linked to site functionality provided by the other organization.
When you use PuricomUSA.com, your device or browser may be sent cookies from third parties, for example when using embedded content and social network links. It's important for you to know that we have no access to or control over cookies used by these companies or third-party websites. We suggest you check the third-party websites for more information about their cookies and how to manage them.
Click here to opt out of targeted ads on Facebook.
Click here to opt out of Google Analytics for display advertising or to customize Google Display Network ads.
Please note that even if you opt-out of such Cookies or otherwise opt-out of interest based advertising, you will still receive advertisements, they just will not be tailored to your interests. Also, if you opt-out and later delete your Cookies, use a different browser, or buy a new computer, you may need to renew your opt-out choices.
- Do Not Track. Our Services are not currently configured to respond to browsers' "Do Not Track" signals because at this time no formal "Do Not Track" standard has been adopted. However, the practices of our partners and other third-party providers may change as a result of this feature being utilized. Click here for more information on "Do Not Track."
9. Disclosures of your personal data
We may share personal data with the following categories third parties:
- Suppliers and service providers (such as technology service providers, payment processing and fraud prevention providers, manufacturers and post and courier services);
- auditors and professional advisers like bankers, lawyers, accountants and insurers; and
- government, regulators and law enforcement.
We also share data with third parties connected to advertising, retargeting and analytics. Please see Cookies above.
We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
10. Payment information
PuricomUSA uses third party payment processors Shopify, Braintree Payments and PayPal to process payments made for products and services via the Website. All online payments will be conducted in accordance with Payment Card Industry (PCI) data security standards (which are high!), and your billing information (which is only used by these payment processors for the purpose of performing fraud protection) is encrypted before being communicated to them. Subject to the below exceptions, your credit card details are communicated directly from your browser to these payment processors - PuricomUSA never (ever!) sees your full Permanent Account Number (PAN). This means that the payment form is either off-site or displayed in a frame on the payment page.
For Shopify or Braintree Payments, if on the payment page you have requested that your card details be remembered and the payment was successful, PuricomUSA stores the card type, a Masked PAN (only the first 6 and last 4 digits) and the card’s expiry date as well as an associated token. We store this information so that you and we can identify your stored card and use it for further payments at PuricomUSA. This stored information can be deleted via the payment form on the Website should you wish to do so. We also store separately the last 4 digits and card type so that we can identify transactions made by a particular card.
For PayPal, we only store the tokens required to identify the transaction with PayPal, issue refunds and identify transactions made using PayPal.
11. International transfers
Whenever we transfer your personal data out of the EEA, we will comply with applicable data protection law. Some of the mechanisms we may choose to use when undertaking an international transfer are:
- The transfer of your personal data is to a country that has officially been deemed to provide an adequate level of protection for personal data by the European Commission.
- We may use specific contracts approved by the European Commission which give personal data the same protection it has in Europe (called the “EU Model Clauses”).
- Where we use providers based in the US, we may transfer data to them if they are part of the Privacy Shield which requires them to provide similar protection to personal data shared between Europe and the US. If the provider is not EU-US Privacy Shield certified, we may use the EU Model Clauses.
Many of our external third-party providers are based outside the EEA, so their processing of your personal data will involve a transfer of data outside the EEA.
12. Data security
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorized way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions, and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
13. Third-party links
14. Data retention
We will only keep your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
By law, we have to keep basic information about our customers (including Contact, Identity, Financial and Transaction Data) for six years after they stop being customers for tax purposes.
We also make a promise to you that you can come back at any time in the future and re-order products you have ordered from us in the past. So, unless you actively delete this information, we keep it so that we can keep our promise to you.
In some circumstances you can ask us to delete your data; see Your legal rights below for further information.
In some circumstances, we may anonymize your personal data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
15. Your legal rights
If the General Data Protection Regulation applies to you because you are in the European Union, you have rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data:
- The right of access – that’s a right to make what’s known as a ‘data subject access request’ for a copy of the personal data we hold about you;
- The right to rectification – that’s a right to make us correct personal data about you that may be incomplete or inaccurate;
- The right to erasure – that’s also known as the ‘right to be forgotten’ where in certain circumstances you can ask us to delete the personal data we have about you (unless there’s an overriding legal reason we need to keep it);
- The right to restrict processing – that’s a right for you in certain circumstances to ask us to suspend processing personal data;
- The right to data portability – that’s a right for you to ask us for a copy of your personal data in a common format (for example, a .csv file);
- The right to object – that’s a right for you to object to us processing your personal data (for example, if you object to us processing your data for direct marketing); and
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling – that’s a right you have for us to be transparent about any profiling we do, or any automated decision making.
These rights are subject to certain rules around when you can exercise them.
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please contact us (see How to contact PuricomUSA about privacy).
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
16. How to contact PuricomUSA about privacy
If you need help with our products and services, or this website generally, please contact us here.
17. A small request from PuricomUSA to you
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us. You can do this by updating your account.